Friday, December 28, 2007

Inventory Time

It's year end and time to take stock of my cover inventory for the tax man as well as my own information. Turns out I have a total of 24,314 items with 16,163 unique listings in my internet inventory. Total value at my minimum prices of about $187,000.

That represents about two work years of labor if I use my standard estimate of 15 minutes per item on average for handling. The 15 minutes includes time on the shipping and handling end, so the two years estimate includes yet to be done work.

I'd be happy to give someone a 10% discount if they want to buy the entire inventory, perhaps a bit (lot) deeper if anyone were seriously interested. Not included are the boxes of yet to be processed material.

One of my goals for the coming year is to decrease the total number of items significantly, while increasing the average dollar value per item.

No comments: